有方向 前進 快樂活好每一天

Saturday, April 7, 2007

A Website in Ch 7(CALL Essentials)



Ch7 Content-Based Instruction


“MuseumLink's Museum of Museums”
Ha, this not a tongue twister. It's the website I am going to introduce to you!
We all know that some news websites such as CNN, BBC, USA TODAY, are considered “news” content-based website. And “MuseumLink's is a “museum” content-based website which provides almost every museum’s website. This is really special!
Students can understand the content necessary to have a successful journey to museums.


*First contact: when I see this website at the first sight, I think its homepage is not complicated as I thought! Its homepage has clear classification of all information you may want to know, so you will not get lost among those museums.

*try to explore: before long, I find out the museums which are introduced in this website mainly focus on America and Canada. Because there are two specific and links for the two countries. Because I just visited Toronto, Canada, last summer, I click the link at the once. Then I am so delighted to know that I've already visited some museums on that list. I've been to The Art Gallery of Ontario, I still remember I went there on Wednesday because after 5pm on Saturdays are free! You know, the most important thing for a backpacker is to cut down your budget!
(oh, it's the pic I took in AGO! notice the wall!!)

It's a pity that I did not really visit ROM, because The Royal Ontario Museum was under-construction (for establishing a new appearance!). So, I just passed by ROM for several times; instead of going in there. Actually I also paid a visit to another museum in Toronto which is not on this website's list. That is Beta Shoe Museum. It has a rich collection of every kind of shoes, from the ancient to modern. I also had a good time there. It seems that Beta Shoe museum has no website, because I really cannot find it. Oh, if you find its website, please let me know!
Then, I click “international museum links.” Since there is no “Taiwan” on the list, I have no choice but see China’s part, only one museum which I do not know at all. Then, I try to see “England” part because I've been to London two years ago (do you still remember the bombs which are placed in London by terrorists? That's right! I was there when London was attacked by terrorists. Well, that's another long story; maybe I can share with you later. Among the museums on the long list of England, I am so glad that I've been to The British Museum, The National Gallery, The Victoria & Albert Museum. Doubtless, I have sweet memories about these three museums.
(see!! it's the bookplate I made in V&A museum! Do you see my name on it? )

*I think (my brief conclusion): though not all museums in the word are introduced in the website, I still recommend that everyone should see this website. Even though you have little interests in “museums”, you can also take this website as a window on the world! I mean, it's a good chance for you to know more about every country's culture and heritage! I am not sure whether this is an excellent contend-based website or not, but I,m really fond of this website not only because it makes me think of those great memories but also lets me know there is another culture-friendly website!

No comments: