有方向 前進 快樂活好每一天

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

First Interview

Interview

※Interviewee: Pamela
※2007/4/16, 3:00 pm, in Pamela’s office, Language Center, NCU.
※After about 15 minutes chatting, the interview begins.

※About the interview: It lasts about 46 minutes; basically, Pamela and I talk a lot. Though she thinks some of my questions cannot really touch the core that I want to know (that is, she thinks those questions are too broad, without a clear focus), she still tries hard to answer my questions. During the interview, Pamela uses some words (maybe I should say some specific terms) which I do not know. It’s really nice of her to slow down and explain those words for me. But to be honest, both of us do not feel content with our interview. Pamela thinks she should say more about the courses in US. As for me, I do not think I’m a good interviewer because I do not lead my interviewee to say something that she really wants to express. And also, I do not interact pretty well with Pamela during the interview. Though I try to give her some responses, sometimes my responses are not totally relate to what she is saying. These are what I should improve!

※What’s next? What I want to do now is to make the transcript of the interview, and, try to find some main topics that I want to focus on. Besides, I think I have to find more information about what the topics I choose for discussing further. But actually, I am quite afraid that it would be hard for me to find much information. No matter what, I will try my best. If necessary, I think it will be great If Pamela and I can have second interview. Ha, so, to be brief, what I have to do now is to make the transcript first! Oh! That’s a big work to transcript a 46-minutes interview!

No comments: