有方向 前進 快樂活好每一天

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Authentic Experience

Authentic Experience
An Online Presentation in Tapped In


Title: Teachers in Training
Start Time: Apr 13, 2007, 9:00 AM, Taiwan [GMT +08:00]
Duration: 1 hour
Leader: Dianne L. Allen
◆The summary of the presentation:
In this presentation, we discussed the topic about how to help the students who are really not interest in learning and interacting with others. And also, one of teachers mentioned that she did not know how to do things well (she is a new teacher in that school), and she did not who could she turn to for help. Besides, we tried to know how to be a teacher in another state (in America). What’s more, we also talked about some education policies and learning program in America.
◆The Experience of join this presentation:
From the title, I thought it’s a meeting which can train teachers to be more successful in their teaching. However, when I got into that room, I found that people were asking some questions they had encountered in teaching. Before long, I understood that the “training” here not specifically referred to tell you the way of teaching; instead, it provided a platform for teachers (or teachers-to-be) to share their problems. That is, you can know others’ opinion about your problem.
Frankly speaking, I did not have a good time during this meeting. I think the main reason to account for this is that I am still a student, not a teacher now. So, it’s quite hard for me to give them established advice. And since most of them are teachers in America, they have the same issues to talk about which are difficult to understand if you are not in that teaching environment. What’s more, my English typing is not fast enough to catch up with them. I think that’s partly because that I think too much before typing. I mean, I was trying to not to say something in formal to show my sincerity in this presentation. But after this meeting, I think my “sincerity” is not really necessary because it would make me become totally n silent “observer” in that presentation. That’s really upset.
Though my first Tapped In experience is frustrating, I understand this is the stage I have to overcome. Just as Mei-Ya says, things will definitely getting better if I am a regular visitor of Tapped In, and try to make more friends. And I really hope that I can meet some friendly friends there and learn lot from presentations.

No comments: