有方向 前進 快樂活好每一天

Friday, March 30, 2007

A Website in Ch 6 (CALL Essentials)


Ch6 --- Inquiry and Problem-Solving


Tom Snyder Productions is the website I visit this week.
It provides a variety of softwares which are appropriate for different grades, types of content that help students to solve problems in areas such as the environment, social relations, etc
Though I knew it’s a software publisher before I visit there, I still feel quite shocked when I really see that website. Because I never see such an “organized” website which is for purchasing English learning material (especially for children). The reason why I use the word “organized” is because it’s indeed a really clear classified website. There are some links that can lead you to the field you want like.


What’s more, there is a much more specific classification of various links can cater to learners’ need.
The part of “teacher tools” interests me the most because I can find and learn something new information which may help me to come up some new ideas for my teaching in the future. I click almost all links in this field, then I am quite surprised to find out a truth. That is, kids nowadays really have tons of resources to make their learning better and much more fun! Compared to what resources I had when I was little, kids nowadays can try different ways to learn. In other words, as long as they want to learn, there are lots of attracting materials they can use.
I do believe Taiwan has such a good website as well, but I haven’t met it yet!
Oh! If you want to know about the history of this website, just click this!

No comments: