有方向 前進 快樂活好每一天

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Relflection on Field Project

Congratulations!
I finished my field project (CLT and the Grammar Translation Method) finally. All the sweetness and bitterness should be recorded!

A suffering process?
I don’t know whether it is appropriate or not for me to call the process of doing this project as a suffering. Though my project is definitely not satisfying at all, I spent lots of time on it because it did not work smoothly. I do not have many tutoring experiences like others, so I decided to turn to Pamela for help. Though we are not acquaintances, we do not really familiar with each because I never took her course. She is a very very nice person, and I really appreciate her help. But she was really busy, so the interview actually not went as successful as I thought. As to the observations, I confess that I did not do a good gob because I just jotted down some points about the observations instead of using a set of formal standard to do my observations. I read a book named classroom observation for getting a clearer idea about how to observe a class, but it’s a pity, I did not learn much form that. There is one more problem about my observations, that is, I should have observed Pamela’s teaching for a long time, not a short periods. I believe that if I had observed more classes, I would know how to make my project better. Well, how I wish I have more time. I know this excuse is really sucks!

From others’ projects
After seeing other classmates’ project, I think I should throw my own stuff away because I think their works are more creative and interesting than mine. Haaaa, ok, just kidding. I am not looking down upon myself, I just think their topics can create more “possibilities.” I mean, they were doing experiments instead of comparing those existing theories like me. I like Mike’s project the most. I think what he did were far beyond experiments, he actually could have his own theories in teaching. He skillfully used the learning attitudes of those so-called smart students to fight against their own ego. This is so impressive. Of course, the other classmates also did great jobs. Indeed, I learned a lot from their projects. And I wonder if they also got some new ideas from my project.

Words to myself after the class

Recently, I’ve been thinking about a problem that “Do I really want to/have the ability to study TESOL?” And I’ve thinking the elements to be a good teacher. After this class and the TKT courses I took, I think this field is not the same as what I though. But this is not disappointing at all, because it provides me an opportunity to slow down and make some changes of my plan for things I should / will do.

1 comment:

JiangYajoo said...

After reading some articles of your blog, I found that you devote yourself quite a lot in running this blog especially those articles that are not assigned by the teacher. I like to hear you share your feelings about the person named Alex Smith, and his praise must encourage you a lot and push you to accomplish each task you were confronting. I really like that! And I also like Da-tung bao bao very much, it is cute! The organization of the blog shows that you are good at organizing and adding interesting things to attract people’s attention, no wonder other viewers you don’t know like your blog this much. You must overcome many difficulties! Plus, the content of your blog is extremely sufficient and very in-depth. I hope you will find out what you really want to keep doing in the future, and you surely will do a great job.