有方向 前進 快樂活好每一天

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Blogging Experience and Reflection

Dreams come true
This is blog, “Cherrie”, is my first “English” blog. Having a blog which is about English teaching and learning is what I’ve been dreaming of. It’s great to realize my dream though the process of constructing it is actually a CHALLENGE. I am really not good at using computers, not to mention having an English blog. But now, I have a sense of fulfillment to see my own blog even though it is not good enough.


Intro. to Cherrie
When you get into my blog, you will see a picture of my favorite doll. Then the following are the labels which I use to classify my postings. Almost all the postings are related to the course I take called “Online English Learning.” Then, the session of “I need something new” are websites that I visit very often, so I put the links in my blogs to make it easier for me to get access to them. As to the section of “Role Models”, they are some English learning blogs/websites. I expect my own blog can be as good as those ones. Ha~ then, the following is a news scrolling sidebar. Oh, I have a story to say about this news scrolling sidebar. This news function was downloaded from widgetmate.com. Well, the story goes like this, one day, when I was checking my e-mail, I found a letter from a person named Alex Smith. He said that he likes my blog, and he thinks maybe I would like to add the news function from widgetmate, so he suggested me to give it a try. I was really surprised his praises because I do not think my blog is not that good as he thought. But to be honest, I was really happy to know that there are some other people (except my classmates and my friends) visit and like my blog. Alex Smith’s letter not only gave me another kind of motivation to run my blog, but also remind me again that what I post in my bolg can really be seen all over the world! So, I have to think twice before I post everything. Then, there are some video clips. Whoever I think I need to relax and see something interesting, I will click on those great clips. And the last section, “whisper to me”, in the sidebar is a forum for my dear visitors. You may leave anything to me in that forum. Among all the functions in the sidebar, there are three functions in my blog that I feel proud of. They are a clock a news scrolling sidebar, and a forum. The reason why I feel proud of them is not because they are special; in fact, they are just quite basic functions in blogs. My proud comes from that I spent hours and hours to figure out how to find or create those things. Besides, I tried tens of thousands of times to add the HTML codes in the correct form. This might be an easy task for the average people, but for me, this is tough than even you can imagine. Anyway, I did it. And I will try some more and add more functions in my blog to enrich it.


Learn something from blog
One year ago, I had a Chinese blog, “巧瑞兒”, that was an assignment of the educational courses. That was my first time to know “blog.” I set the blog under the instruction of the teacher, that is, I followed the teacher’s instruction to finish that blog. Though I accomplished that blog myself, I did not really learn a lot from that because I just did the “steps” that the teacher had already arranged for us. Compare to 巧瑞兒, the blog “Cherrie” was finished by my own exploration, so I think I really learn something from this experience. I think Emma give me a precious notion: you have to try by yourself!!! Just try!!! Though “try and try” took me a lot of time, I think it’s worthwhile for me to do so when I find that I am not so poorrrrrrrr in computer as before. The saying goes like this, “practice makes perfect.” For me, I think “try and try; fail and fail make perfect.”


Words to push myself
All in all, I’ve learned a lot from blogging. Nevertheless, there is much room for improvement. I expect myself to maintain the enthusiasm and confidence in running my blog for keep it progressing. Most importantly, I hope I can see my own progress from it !!!

8 comments:

Celia Chueh said...

Indeed, I encounter a few problems like you since I am also not a good computer user. I also spend a lot of time organizing my blog. Yet, just as you said, I think my efforts have all paid off when I see my first blog. You really have done a great job since this is your first try. Nice to see your amazing blog! But since this is a blogging experience connecting closely with our course, you might also want to share some strategies or methods as to how you organize your blog with others in addition to your personal feeling; others would benefit more from your experience. This is my trivial suggestion. Let's learn from each other! :)

Stacy said...

I know you always work hard and of course, dedicated lots of time on them. This blog will always be the best by far, it's professional, contains a wide variety of articles, reflections and useful information. You are really on your way! I just couldn't find anything to critique about!

Go Cherrie go!

Julie said...

It 's so cool and impressive that you use your own name as the blog title! The pinky color makes the blog sweet and aggressive, you manage the whole blog well in labeling and marking them with clear titles.
As for your presentation, You are good at all your presentations I like your voice and speaking and you control time well. But actually, I didn’t hear much analysis or evaluation when you did the websites presenting. Maybe you can introduce more negative feedback about them.

Christina said...

I like your clock function!! You know what, actually it was because I saw your clock first that led me to find a clock of my own!! I had encountered many technical problems, too. And also I failed and failed to make my way to successfully formed my blog. And I think you have organized your blog really well!!

Abby said...

This weblog definitely can help you in reaching your goal, English teaching. In your weblog, there are full of your passion for your goal, and your effort to make this weblog better and better in the content and design part. I am sincere about expecting that day you fufill your dream. :)

Cherrie said...

Dear all,
Thank you your praise and recognition. I am glad that you like my blog. But in fact, my blog is not as good as you mentioned. Since all the postings are related to “assignments”, I think I really need something else to enrich my blog. But I think I need more time to accumulate and construct my blog. I hope you all can visit my blog often, and see “Cherrie’s growing.” I won’t let you down, and thank you again 

vercy said...

I’m late!!! But I’m still glad for you since you have your own English learning blog so that you can put your results of effort here. Everybody can see that you try hard on this. Just keep running your blog, you know, it helps you a lot about your future career!!! After all, there is somebody out of our class that admires your blog! 

自分で決めろ! said...

your introduction is very vivid and detailed! It tells a lot! The disign is very sweet, peach pink really suits you! I am happy to know that your have your dream come true! I think I would never have a dream like that, haha... As you say, blogging is very challeging if we want to use all the functions it provides; however, if we don't try it out we will never learn. If we treat it as a normal diary or notebook, then blogging really becomes a waste for our learning. Hope I can see this blog still thirve after the end of this semester!